These ARE some awesome fins, folks, take it from us - we, along with some of our divers, got to test them during the product trial period! Oh, and they look really, really cool...
Here's the technical, official stuff:
The SF-22 Solla combines TUSA’s rich history of performance and fin design with the latest advanced materials and hydrodynamic innovations. A completely new design, the Solla has several unique features that deliver superior propulsion, speed and maneuverability.
The SF-22 is powered by ForcElast technology which offers unparalleled performance and efficiency previously unseen in a traditional blade fin. In addition to ForcElast technology, the Solla features TUSA’s patented 20° Angled Blade Design (A.B.D.), an optimized three channel crescent shaped blade with reinforced side-rails and vents, a multi-compound anatomic foot pocket and TUSA’s Anatomic Fin Strap (A.F.S.) and EZ buckle system.
The unofficial stuff:
...So what? Comfortable, controllable power with minimal effort, that's what!
- Powered by ForcElast Technology.
- TUSA patented 20° Angled Blade Design (A.B.D.)
- Multi-compound foot pocket increases power transfer to the fin blade.
- Newly designed anatomic foot pocket enhances comfort.
- Three channel blade with crescent tip maximizes propulsion.
- Reinforced blade side-rails and vents fine-tune performance.
- Standard with Anatomic Fin Strap (A.F.S.).
- TUSA patented EZ Strap and buckle system.
- Color: Black (BK), Cobalt Blue (CBL), Flash Yellow (FY), Metallic Red (MDR), Pearlescent Pink/White (PPW), Light Blue/White (LBW), Siesta Green (SG), Siesta Green/White (SGW).
- Sizes: XS, S, M, L (XS in PPW, SGW colors only).
A proprietary thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) compound precisely positioned in an advanced blade and foot pocket structure. FoceElast delivers superior propulsion, efficiency and speed even with moderate power input. ForcElast technology is found in TUSA high performance fins like the SF-22 and FF-23.
TUSA open-heel fins are equipped with a newly designed Anatomic Fin Strap (AFS). The AFS is anatomically shaped to offer a balance of flexibility and control to increase comfort, power transfer and to significantly reduce heel slippage found in many standard flat fin straps.
|Angled Blade Design (A.B.D.)
A standard flat fin inhibits propulsion solely by fault of design. An angle between the heel of the foot and the calf of the leg remains when the leg is extended to kick. This angle causes approximately 10% of the propulsion to be lost. The Angled Blade Design accommodates for this anatomical characteristic and ensures maximum efficiency throughout the kicking cycle.
|EZ Strap and Buckle System|
TUSA's EZ strap and Buckle System allows fins to be quickly and easily adjusted with minimal effort. Adjustment can be made while the fins are worn, allowing for a precise fit and ease of removal when necessary.
Pick up a pair of your own from The Dive Bus, Curacao!