1. Take him golfing
You may be surprised to learn that Curacao is an awesome, popular golfing location, because:
|Or treat him to some new funky golf balls...|
- it's almost always sunny
- there's almost always an ocean breeze to keep things cool
- you can play virtually 365 days a year, from 6.00 in the morning until 7.00 at night
- there are three golf courses: Curacao Golf & Squash Club, Santa Or treat him to some new funky golf balls...Barbara and Blue Bay.
2. Take him climbing, pottering, wandering, exploring, discovering...
You may be surprised to learn that Curacao has a mountain.
Christoffel Park is Curacao's largest national park, and home to Curacao's highest point - Mount Christoffel - and a rich variety of flora and fauna.
At only 372 metres / 1,220 ft high, climbing Mount Christoffel doesn't sound like much of a challenge.
But trust us: it's no walk in the park (arf, arf).
Starting from the visitor’s center, the hike to, and the climb up and down Mount Christoffel, takes approximately three hours. Or save an hour and park at the foot of the mountain. Beautiful vegetation, wildlife and geological formations will motivate you on the uphill climb, and spectacular views are your reward for reaching the top.
If an easy stroll is more your thing, choose from one of the seven other hiking trails.
You'll still get to enjoy bird and plant species you may not see elsewhere on the island, like wild orchids (Palabrua), the rare native barn owl and the Curacao White Tailed deer (of which there are only about 250 left).
3. Take him diving...
You may be surprised to learn that Curacao is one of the top diving destinations in the Caribbean and one of the top shore diving destinations in the world.
And The Dive Bus is Curacao's #1 PADI 5 Star Dive Center on tripadvisor, thanks to folks like you - and your Dad.
Whether your Dad is an expert diver or has never tried it before in his life, he'll have an awesome dive experience he'll remember forever. And you can have it captured forever in his own personal dive movie, by our pro-video partners.
Here are just some of his cool, fun and memorable diving options:
If he wants to become a certified diver,
he can start TODAY...
|If he's already a certified diver,|
he's GOT to try this...
4. Take him out
If you get bored in Curacao, you're doing something wrong.
There's heaps of things to do, see, discover and enjoy - especially if you get a rental car (highly recommended):
- More restaurants than you can eat at in one vacation, with all kinds of cuisine and price level choices.
- Awesome beaches - many quite different to what you might expect on a Caribbean island
- Heaps of bars and night life . There's even a brewery well worth checking out (tried and tested several times by your faithful Dive Bus Crew) - the Curacao Brewing Company.
- Plenty of "dry" things to do and discover, including a rich and fascinating history, climbing, walking, cycling, ATV-ing, exploring, shopping ...
- Huge range of accommodations to suit all budgets and preferences
Check out the Curacao Tourist Board website for even more info:
If none of these other ideas are going to work for your Dad, remember: there's TONS of fun Dive Bus stuff in the online store that your Dad will wonder how he ever managed to do without, delivered to his door.
So there's 5 awesome ways to treat your Dad this Fathers Day. But don't just take our word for it - come and see for yourself :)
And if you're a Dad, you may want to forward or share this Blog to your kids - and there's always next Fathers Day, too...;)